Who Should You Choose, and Why?
✋ Where Amazon S3 is your best choice
- Your archival storage really never needs to be accessed, in which case Amazon S3 Glacier Deep Archive may be better priced.
- You egress more data than you store.
🤔 Strongly consider Amazon S3 over Wasabi if
- Are deeply embedded in the rest of the AWS ecosystem
- Need lots of replication factors cross-region
- Need eventing features to trigger AWS Lambda functions.
🤔 Strongly consider Wasabi over Amazon S3 if
- You have a “hot” backup or archival use case where you want to store large volumes of data cheaply but need to access them very quickly on occasion. An ideal use case example would be video surveillance data.
- You want a much simpler pricing structure to work with.
📝 Other Notes
Wasabi offers Reserved Capacity Storage for even cheaper